Skip to main content

The OverSeer: Overwatch League S3 Summer Showdown (Week 22) Predictions

The second tournament of the season is upon us, and we are headed into yet another fun and thrilling week of Overwatch. As you all know, there will be no Hero Pools in the Summer Showdown, and all matches will be part of a Single-Elimination Bracket. I'm ecstatic to be sharing my predictions with all of you, and if you want to check out my official brackets, here they are. Also, remember that I'll be updating this very link as the Summer Showdown progresses, commenting on every match after it's done and adding subsequent predictions as the brackets are clarified, so return to this link whenever a new set of matches is completed!
Let's do this!

UPDATE: I won't be detailing any match for the remainder of the weekend due to some other work that's popped up, but I'll still keep adding my predictions! Cheers!

NA KNOCKOUTS

1. Dallas Fuel vs. Paris Eternal- Eternal wins 3-0. It may be a little extreme of me to predict a sweep for Paris, but I think they looked very impressive with Sp9rk1e on Genji last week, and have the potential to go deep in this tournament if they have the right opponents. The Dallas Fuel aren't so much worse that they'll crumble, and definitely have the tools to compete with Paris, but I feel that they're inconsistent, and won't be able to maintain a high level of play throughout the series. Paris won 3-1.

2. Houston Outlaws vs. Florida Mayhem- Mayhem wins 3-0. Honestly, I don't think this match will be close. Although these two teams had a close encounter last time, I believe Florida was evidently better, and was just getting used to the new meta. With more practice time, I'm sure they can demolish the Outlaws, who are not only less-skilled, but still a little inconsistent. Houston won 3-1.

3. Toronto Defiant vs. Los Angeles Valiant- Valiant wins 3-0. I agree with Packing10, the Toronto Defiant are bad (that matchup reveal was quite funny, I won't lie), and I doubt they can contend with the KSP-Shax DPS duo. It's obvious how much more skilled the Valiant are compared to the Defiant, and although I think Agilities' Genji can make things difficult for them, they're still in a great position to sweep this series. Defiant won 3-1.


Am I crazy for thinking this rematch will be one-sided?

4. Washington Justice vs. Los Angeles Gladiators- Gladiators win 3-0. I've heard a lot of people saying that the Justice have improved (which is true), and that they stand a real chance against the Gladiators, which surprises me to no end. The Gladiators have proven to be much more skilled than the Justice, have been far more consistent, and have a deeper roster that can play and adapt to a variety of strategies. Despite Washington taking a map off of them in their last encounter, I think this is a no-brainer. The Gladiators will sweep the Justice. Justice won 3-1.

APAC QUARTERFINALS


The Spitfire seem like they can throw off the Dynasty with their playmaking potential

1. London Spitfire vs. Seoul Dynasty- Spitfire wins 3-2. I'm really hyped for this matchup. The London Spitfire, a team on the rise, with some surprisingly-good performances in the past few weeks, versus the Seoul Dynasty, a team with great peak potential and a star-studded roster. This was a hard prediction to make, but due to the Spitfire's recent improvements, I'm going to give it to them. I do believe that Seoul can take the series if they bring their A-game and maintain it over all the maps, but I'm still leaning towards London, due to their ability to make plays and surprise their opponents. Seoul doesn't like surprises, and is especially poor at adapting to off-meta strategies, so they might be in a bit of a pickle here. Seoul won 3-1.

2. Guangzhou Charge vs. Chengdu Hunters- Charge wins 3-0. Don't think I need to explain this in great detail. Guangzhou good, Chengdu bad. Perfect pred!

3. New York Excelsior vs. Hangzhou Spark- Excelsior wins 3-0. Yes, I know that the Spark beat the Excelsior a couple weeks ago, but that was with Hero Pools, and on a different patch. With the Genji buffs and Brigitte's return, the NYXL are in a great position to sweep the Spark. I want to see Haksal back on Brig; I think New York looked their best with that assignment last week, and crumbled when they swapped him to DPS mid-game. If they want to play Genji, they've got Libero and WhoRU to field instead of Haksal, so they should be fine. I just hope they agree with my points (even though they're probably not reading them) and change their lineup accordingly. Another perfect pred!

NA QUARTERFINALS

1. San Francisco Shock vs. Washington Justice- Shock wins 3-0.

2. Vancouver Titans vs. Paris Eternal- Eternal wins 3-0.

3. Philadelphia Fusion vs. Houston Outlaws- Fusion wins 3-0.

4. Atlanta Reign vs. Toronto Defiant- Reign wins 3-0.


APAC SEMIFINALS

1. Seoul Dynasty vs. Shanghai Dragons- Dragons win 3-0.

2. New York Excelsior vs. Guangzhou Charge- Excelsior wins 3-0.

APAC FINALS

1. Guangzhou Charge vs. Shanghai Dragons- Dragons win 4-0.

NA SEMIFINALS

1. San Francisco Shock vs. Paris Eternal- Shock wins 3-0.

2. Philadelphia Fusion vs. Toronto Defiant- Fusion wins 3-0.

NA FINALS

1. Paris Eternal vs. Philadelphia Fusion- Fusion wins 4-0.


I'll keep updating this page as the matches keep progressing. Do subscribe for more predictions posts from me! Stay safe, people!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The OverThinker: 4 Tips to Help You Land the Best Gravs Possible

When it comes to ultimates in Overwatch, it's hard to beat the effectiveness of a well-timed, well-placed Graviton Surge. A powerful ability that can hold your opponents in place for a few seconds, there's no better tool in the game to set the enemy team up to take a ton of damage. As a Zarya player, it's a matter of pride to land some juicy Gravs, which is why it's extra-disappointing when you barely get value out of one.  As an off-tank player, I understand that feeling aplenty, and would like to share 4 key tips with all of you so that you can land the best Gravs possible. Let's begin. 1. Always have high energy when you Grav A common mistake I see Zarya players make is throwing out Gravitons when they're low on energy. This is a poor decision on multiple levels, especially if you're not planning to combo the Grav with something. First of all, if you're playing with randoms, there's no telling whether or not your Grav will be followed-

OverAchievers: A Conversation with Achilios

Hey everyone, it's Proilios  again, and today, I'm pleased to be presenting an article about one of the best play-by-play commentators in the professional Overwatch scene, Seth 'Achilios' King. I'm stoked to be able to write about Achilios ; I love his casting style, and find his energy and enthusiasm extremely contagious. His ability to keep up with the pace of every team fight he's casting, and break down plays in every corner of the spectator screen is second-to-none. Most of you are already familiar with his work, but how much do you know about his   journey to being such a proficient and well-known caster? I'm guessing not a lot, so with great pleasure, I'm about to share his story with you. As a kid, Seth was very fond of video games. He used to get them as a reward for getting good grades, so that he could play them on the weekends after his homework was done. He started off as a console player, but slowly got into PC gaming, thanks to

OverSimplified: Winston Pocket Guide ft. Bogur

Hey everyone, welcome to yet another part of OverSimplified! In today's post, we'll be learning about how to play and improve at one of our favourite tanks in Overwatch, Winston. Now, Winston is a very well-designed hero. He' s really fun to play, has his own set of strengths and weaknesses, excels at a specific role, and is still vulnerable enough to allow for counterplay. He's exactly the kind of hero I'm sure we all want to learn how to play, so I got in touch with  Top 500 Bulgarian Main Tank player and streamer, Bogur , who has been, in my opinion, one of the best Winston players on ladder for quite some time now. With Bogur's inputs, I've written this quick Winston guide for those of you that wish to get a holistic understanding of how this hero works in the current state of Overwatch. OVERVIEW Winston is what we call a 'Main Tank' in Overwatch, meaning his primary job is to create space for his team, enabling them to take up optimal positions