Skip to main content

The OverSeer: Overwatch League S3 Week 3 Predictions

Okay, we're finally entering a week in which I've seen all the participating teams play at least once before in this season. That means I can finally begin sharing match predictions with those of you who like indulging in pre-match speculation and analysis. For now, I'll just be sharing my predictions for Day 1 of Week 3, and I'll treat this post like a thread, since I'll upload my Day 2 predictions tomorrow here itself, after I see how Day 1 turns out. Also, if I get the winner of a match wrong, I'll mark it red; If I get the winner right but the score wrong, I'll mark it yellow; and if I get both the winner and the score correct, I'll mark it green. Easy enough? Alright, let's go!


DAY 1:

1. New York Excelsior vs. Philadelphia Fusion- Fusion wins 3-2. Fusion actually did win, but they put up a 3-1 score. Carpe was an absolute standout performer, as he kept picking off his opponents, especially JJoNaK, throughout the match, essentially setting up 6v5 fight wins for his squad.

2. Boston Uprising vs. Houston Outlaws- Uprising wins 3-2. Even though I did expect this match to be close, I did not expect it to go to 7 maps...yikes, Houston, you've got some stuff to work out, don't you? Also, Myunbong was very impressive.

3. Paris Eternal vs. Washington Justice- Justice wins 3-2. All 3 colours coming out of Day 1 here. Paris was truly amazing in this match. Well-deserved win by them with a 3-1 score.

With those matches out of the way, here are my Day 2 predictions:


DAY 2:

1. New York Excelsior vs. Houston Outlaws- Excelsior wins 3-0. Definitely one of the easiest predictions I've had to make so far. Houston still looks very out-of-sorts, and there's a lot of speculation going on about whether illness is truly the cause, or if there are some other issues behind-the-scenes. Regardless, in their current state, they were naturally no match for the Excelsior.

2. Toronto Defiant vs. Philadelphia Fusion- Fusion wins 3-1. Toronto played Philly closer than I expected, but lost 2-3, which makes me half-right.

3. London Spitfire vs. Washington Justice- Justice wins 3-1. There was no way I imagined London would actually take that match, especially with Clestyn, who's a very inexperienced off-tank, being fielded instead of the very consistent and expected starter, BERNAR. We also saw Schwi finally get some playtime, and it remains to be seen whether he will be fielded more than Babel, or if this was a one-off. Anyway, GGs to the Spitfire for walking away with a 3-2 win.


That leaves me with a 66.67% accuracy for guessing the winners, and a 33.33% accuracy for guessing the scores As usual, I expect to get better at this over time, and I hope I get more winners and scores right in Week 4. If you guys are enjoying these predictions, do subscribe to my blog, because we'll be doing these all season long, and link them to your friends if you want them to see an amateur analyst in action. Thanks a lot for being here, and I'll see you next weekend!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The OverThinker: 4 Tips to Help You Land the Best Gravs Possible

When it comes to ultimates in Overwatch, it's hard to beat the effectiveness of a well-timed, well-placed Graviton Surge. A powerful ability that can hold your opponents in place for a few seconds, there's no better tool in the game to set the enemy team up to take a ton of damage. As a Zarya player, it's a matter of pride to land some juicy Gravs, which is why it's extra-disappointing when you barely get value out of one.  As an off-tank player, I understand that feeling aplenty, and would like to share 4 key tips with all of you so that you can land the best Gravs possible. Let's begin. 1. Always have high energy when you Grav A common mistake I see Zarya players make is throwing out Gravitons when they're low on energy. This is a poor decision on multiple levels, especially if you're not planning to combo the Grav with something. First of all, if you're playing with randoms, there's no telling whether or not your Grav will be followed-

OverAchievers: A Conversation with Achilios

Hey everyone, it's Proilios  again, and today, I'm pleased to be presenting an article about one of the best play-by-play commentators in the professional Overwatch scene, Seth 'Achilios' King. I'm stoked to be able to write about Achilios ; I love his casting style, and find his energy and enthusiasm extremely contagious. His ability to keep up with the pace of every team fight he's casting, and break down plays in every corner of the spectator screen is second-to-none. Most of you are already familiar with his work, but how much do you know about his   journey to being such a proficient and well-known caster? I'm guessing not a lot, so with great pleasure, I'm about to share his story with you. As a kid, Seth was very fond of video games. He used to get them as a reward for getting good grades, so that he could play them on the weekends after his homework was done. He started off as a console player, but slowly got into PC gaming, thanks to

OverSimplified: Winston Pocket Guide ft. Bogur

Hey everyone, welcome to yet another part of OverSimplified! In today's post, we'll be learning about how to play and improve at one of our favourite tanks in Overwatch, Winston. Now, Winston is a very well-designed hero. He' s really fun to play, has his own set of strengths and weaknesses, excels at a specific role, and is still vulnerable enough to allow for counterplay. He's exactly the kind of hero I'm sure we all want to learn how to play, so I got in touch with  Top 500 Bulgarian Main Tank player and streamer, Bogur , who has been, in my opinion, one of the best Winston players on ladder for quite some time now. With Bogur's inputs, I've written this quick Winston guide for those of you that wish to get a holistic understanding of how this hero works in the current state of Overwatch. OVERVIEW Winston is what we call a 'Main Tank' in Overwatch, meaning his primary job is to create space for his team, enabling them to take up optimal positions